Well here we are! After years of writing and planning I have finally decided to begin the official development for Shadows of Glory. It has been a busy first week and a lot has been accomplished. But before we get into the details I want to talk about the Development Blog real fast. We will have a weekly blog post with updates from the development team which will contain the overall progress being made. We will be posting them every Friday evening in the ‘Dev Blog’ section of the website. https://shadowsofglory.com/news/
This week Luke Hodde and Rob Warren joined the team. Welcome! Luke is our Art lead, and an all around guru when it comes to bringing concept to life. He will oversee the art direction and creation of game assets to ensure quality, style and era accurate art. He will also be 3D modeling game assets, level design, and implementation. Rob Warren also joined the team this week. An amazing Audio Engineer with years of experience working on the games we grew up playing. He has joined to compose the music for Shadows of Glory.
our development workflow
Here is a more detailed overview of our development workflow.
- Perforce version control: We have an AWS server set up with perforce that stores the Unreal Engine 4 files and game files. This allows us to work from anywhere in the world and maintain proper file versioning.
- JIRA task and issue management: We are using JIRA with the Scrum framework from Atlassian to manage all tasks. This allows us to have a complete list of each task with detailed notes throughout development. Currently our sprint timelines are 1 month each.
- Slack communication platform: This allows the development team to quickly communicate with each other and post documents.
progress made this week
A lot of progress was made this week. Here is an overview of what got accomplished in our first week.
- Our Amazon development server was set up with Perforce and now contains our UE4 engine and game files for remote development and version control.
- We have begun modeling the Colosseum and will continue design on the main battle level. We have been using the actual measurements of The Colosseum and it will be a 1:1 scale model.
- We have begun concepting key locations and the layout for Rome (main city).
- We created the initial Sound Class map for audio within UE4.
- We have begun work on the official Shadows of Glory website.
- Created development pipeline documentation to ensure uniformity across all aspects of the game.
Before I conclude this first blog post I want to say thank you to everyone for your kind word and support over the years. This has been an amazing experience already getting to this point, and the team and I are looking forward to the future.
Want to join the team?
Our team is growing and we are still looking to fill key roles. If you are interested in joining the team please visit the jobs page for more information. https://shadowsofglory.com/careers/