Deploying The Server
This week marks the end of Sprint #4 as we continue to push through the online functions and move into Sprint #5. First, I want to start with a quick recap of last week since that blog post was mainly about starting the Crowdfunding Campaign. Last week we worked on setting up the backend server environment to deploy a server in a specific region. We also worked on getting our UE5 Source server and game builds ready for deployment.
- We successfully deployed our development test server this week
- Connected and communicated with the dev test server with a test client
- Begun to create and implement our database system that will store all the player and game information
- Cleaned up and prepared the game project for the local client build
- Got the project to a state where we can successfully deploy game builds
Battle Select Menu
- Finished up the Battle Select window art elements
- Imported the individual art elements into UE in preparation of server queues for matches and the friends / invite system.
- We began working on the art elements for the Citizen List which includes the friends list, ludus member list, and your sent / pending friend and team invites.